At the moment, CakePHP does not have built-in support for webservices (but it is planned for version 1.0). Miguel Ros could not wait until that feature is available, so he experimented a little bit. He presents two approaches using the NuSOAP toolkit in his blog (approach 1, approach 2). I prefer the second approach as it looks more cake-like.
- Open ID & OAUTH 2.0 – Tales of a White Robe on OpenID versus OAuth from the user’s perspective
- Using Google Sheet As Web App Data Source | Matt Develops on 2-legged vs. 3-legged OAuth
- Deepali on OpenID versus OAuth from the user’s perspective
- Nicholas on Building a DVD catalog application with CakePHP
- Varun Kapoor on Migrations – the CakePHP way(?)