I just saw on the redesigned website of the Cake Software Foundation that it is possible to become a CakePHP certified engineer. Whoa!
From the certification page:
With growing popularity of CakePHP, you can benefit from becoming a CakePHP certified engineer. CakePHP certified engineers will be listed below and will be able to use the CakePHP trademark when promoting their services. The fee for certification is $150.
Becoming a CakePHP certified engineer is easy.
1. Build an application in CakePHP
2. Refactor your code
3. Tell us why you want to be a certified and what you did to get your application going
4. Zip or Tar your application
5. Submit your application to certification at cakefoundation dot org
We will review the application, and either certify you as a developer or ask you to refactor some more. You will have the opportunity to submit the same application 3 times.
We look for:
1. strict following of the CakePHP coding standards
2. maximum re-use of code
3. clean use of associations
4. clean controllers
5. minimized logic in views
If you are fast, you can become the first CakePHP certified engineer ;-)