IBM’s developerWorks has started a new series called “Create an interactive production wiki using PHP” (requires a free registration) where they will explain the creation of a wiki with CakePHP. There will be five parts in this series:
- Part 1 of this series will draw the big picture. You will determine how you want the application to look, flow, work, and behave. You’ll design the database and rough-out some scaffolding.
- Part 2 focuses on the primary wiki development, including defining the markup, tracking changes, and file uploads.
- In Part 3, you define some users and groups, as well as a way to control access to certain aspects of individual Wiki pages and uploaded files.
- Part 4 deals with a Calendaring and Milestones feature to track tasks, to-dos, and progress against set goals.
- And in Part 5, you put together an open blog to allow discussion of production topics and concerns.
As the previous series it is worth to read.
Update 2007-02-16: Part 1 is now also available as a PDF. Thanks to Duane O’Brien.