As you probably have heard, RC3 of CakePHP 1.2 has been released today (together with a bug fix release of CakePHP 1.1), see also the official announcement.
Upgrading NoseRub, which has to act as my guinea pig in such cases, from RC2 to RC3 was a piece of cake. In the “app” folder I had to update the following files as there were some minor changes in them:
app/webroot/css.php(my mistake, this file wasn’t changed) app/webroot/index.php(my mistake, this file wasn’t changed)
And then I had to replace the “cake” folder, of course.
Up to now I encountered only two small “issues” which were easy to fix.
The first “issue” just broke some tests: the order of the attributes “value” and “id” of the hidden field created when using FormHelper::checkbox() changed from:
<input type="hidden" name="data[OpenidSite][email]" value="0" id="OpenidSiteEmail_" />
<input type="hidden" name="data[OpenidSite][email]" id="OpenidSiteEmail_" value="0" />
The second “issue” caused the following warning:
array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array [CORE/cake/libs/view/helpers/form.php, line 1141]
The reason for this warning is that we used FormHelper::select() “wrong”:
echo $form->select('Account.service_id', $services, null, null, false);
The problem is that the default value for the fourth parameter has to be an empty array and not “null” and so I had to fix the statement from above in the following way:
echo $form->select('Account.service_id', $services, null, array(), false);
As you can see, the upgrade was very smooth here. Thanks to everyone involved with this release!
Now I’m looking forward to the final version of CakePHP 1.2 :)
Update (2008-10-02): Another “issue” I just noticed is that the “old” Model/field syntax no longer works correctly. For example:
generates the following HTML code:
<textarea name="data[Micropublish/value]" id="Micropublish/value" ></textarea>
The fix is simple:
This will create the correct code:
<textarea name="data[Micropublish][value]" id="MicropublishValue" ></textarea>