Today, release candidate 4 (RC4) of CakePHP 1.2 has been released (see the announcement). I don’t know why there is an additional release candidate, because RC3 was already announced as “the final release before the final release of CakePHP 1.2″…
Anyway, the update from RC3 to RC4 was smooth, and I didn’t encounter any problems so far. Besides replacing the “cake” folder I also had to replace “app/webroot/css.php”, as it had been slightly modified since RC3.
There were some changes in the core which could cause problems in some (rare) cases:
- ClassRegistry::_duplicate() is now private (i.e. it is now ClassRegistry::__duplicate())
- Router::matchRoute() is now private (i.e. it is now Router::__matchRoute())
- the parameter of XmlNode::toArray() (in cake/libs/xml.php) has been changed from “$object = null” to “$camelize = true”
- in the AclComponent the methods setAro(), setAco(), getAro() and getAco() have been removed
- Model::normalizeFindParams() has been removed
Additionally, the method Model::getDisplayField() has been deprecated. Now you have to access the $displayField property directly (though the method still works).
Happy updating :)